We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
386 Columbia Rd., Rte.#53
Hanover, MA 02339
Phone: (781) 826-1640
Fax: (781) 829-6864
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
• Wild Turkey broods appear.
• Female turtles are depositing their eggs into nests on dry land now and into early July.
• Black Bear mating season mid-June to mid-July.
• Sulpher Butterflies are emerging.
• Canada Goose molting period begins mid-June; they cannot fly during this time.
• Water perennial gardens for longer time and less often to force roots to grow down.
• Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.
• As the month progresses, feeders can become busy with visiting parents and fledglings.
• White-tailed Deer fawns continue to be born this month.
• Begin to deadhead perennials to help them bloom again.
• Egg laying begins for Baltimore Orioles, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks and Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.
• Bats are active at night.